Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gomez helmet stands out clearly



Dusseldorf - LTU Arena is quite to his liking. "Yes, I like to play in this stadium. I had the lot already, the day before pleasure, "grinned Mario Gomez after the final whistle.
The 23-year-old VfB striker had every reason to do so with two goals he scored from the Bayer Boys. "Mario Gomez is a world class striker," the attacker was not a word of praise from Rudi Voeller.
Exactly two years ago, Gomez had its debut in the national team. The LTU Arena and also successful. In the 3:1-victory on 7 February 2007 via Switzerland obtained his first hit in the national jersey.
Gomez decided on Saturday also clear that the duel of the striker for themselves. Bayer's Patrick Helmes had caught a weak day, the attacker managed to almost nothing. Something better was his teammate Stefan Kiessling, who scored the intermediate 1:2. But world-class on Saturday was only one - Gomez. "It was also quite easy for me. My teammates have put in me mad scene, "said the Stuttgart and took his leave:" But I will gladly come back here. "